In today’s era, the demand for professional designers is high and their demand is increasing day by day. The demand of a professional designer is available anywhere in the world, be it offline or online. Looking at online marketplaces, we can see that there are many types of designers. Print Designer, Product Designer, Mockup Designer, 3D Graphics Designer, Motion Graphics Designer, Website UI and UX Designer, Element Designer etc. There is no shortage of designers, but the lack of professional designers. If you want to be a professional designer, you need to move from beginner to advanced level by increasing the skill through specific planning in a particular sector. But how many designers follow this policy? Let me shed some light on how to be a professional designer in this article.
Why the lack of professional designers?
Professional designers work relentlessly in all sectors including advertising, entertainment, news media, television, print publishing (magazines, newspapers and booklets), broadcast media, computer gaming, social media. With the continuous development of technology, professional designers are becoming increasingly valued in all sectors and their work responsibilities and duties are increasing day by day. Yet the lack of a professional designer is noticeable.
One of the reasons is that you just start thinking of expert by learning the basics of Photoshop, Illustrator, which is just basic level work. Tell me why not! You can now design a business card, flyer or simple banner very well and you have already won one or two contests on Fiverr, Upwork or 99designs sites, and what else? Now your Confidence level is 110%.
Also Read : 5 Best Ways to Make Money Online
It’s good to have a say here, you understand print design as a basic level design and those of us who learn design without a guideline, do not understand it, first start learning print design. Earning very good levels in the print designing sector is not easy either. If you want to do, then many things come up. Think like this: Moving slowly from print to branding design. Not only if you move, you need to know a great deal about design sketches, layouts, photo-choices, typography, colors, design content, ideas, design hierarchy etc to take the design level to high level.
And in addition to knowing about them, you will have to implant into your design regularly. But some designers think, I don’t have time for that. I am getting regular work from my marketplace and so is earn. I am very stressed at work. Even though getting a job, you may not be able to earn more than $150 – $300 monthly average (for new courses or those who work for a year). If in most cases this is not even earned.
So one thing you have to keep in mind, if you do not increase the skill, then your earning will decrease day by day, it will never increase, it will remain. However, it is very temporary. Just because you can earn very well in a certain marketplace does not mean that you can earn a lifetime. One thing to keep in mind, nothing can last a lifetime or some may not last long.
Days are gone from you but learning is no longer happening. So you have to be a pro-label designer, a skilled artist and a successful microstocker. You might bid on Upwork, PeoplePerHour, Freelancer, Guru, or got some company projects from Behance and Dribbble, or sell microstock designs to marketplaces like Envato, Creative Market, Freepik, Shutterstock, iStock, Adobe Stock and so on. But as I said before, nothing can last long. You need to improve your efficiency if you want to stay in these marketplaces regularly. Then you can work successfully in the marketplaces.
6 easy tips for Professional Designers
What does it take to be a pro-label designer? For example, design sketches, layouts, photo-choice, typography, color, design content, ideas, design hierarchy – all of these must be learned by practically. I’ve shared a few tips below that might help you become a skilled professional designer.
- There are many professional designing courses available online, you can follow these tutorials. Nowadays there are many good tutorials available at very low cost. You will find tutorials on YouTube and newer versions of tutorials are uploading day by day. Also learning from videos is much easier.
- There are many good websites for learning designs. Visit those sites, follow their tutorials, try to understand them and practice them daily. In my opinion my first favorite site is EnvatoTuts+.
- Have good relationships with professional designers. Talk to them about big things. Keep all their recommendations in mind.
- There are many websites that are available for free PSD, Vector and designing resources. You can get good quality free work from these websites. You can collect and view these works and practice them yourself. See how they did it and try to do it accordingly.
- Many times, we got no idea about design at work. So got inspirations from Envato, Freepik, 99designs, you can get good design ideas from these websites.
- Keep your choices always elegant. Try to keep your design simple. Share your design with everyone, get everyone’s opinion. Always try to stay up-to-date with your skills.
I think, to be a good professional designer or to get into the design profession, you first need to learn the challenge. Because it’s a challenging profession altogether. There are a lot of books to read. You should be interested in seeing and learning the work from senior designers. Always have a good relationship with the network of designers. You have to raise yourself through social media. Use different types of updated software. I hope this can enhance your skills and establish yourself as a professional designer.
Image : Pixabay