Thousands of people die of heart disease every year. In addition, many people carry the disease for a long time. You can avoid the disease by following the rules with a little caution and rules. Renowned cardiologist and surgeon Dr. Devi Shetty from the subcontinent has given many important tips for keep the heart healthy.
He is said to be one of the top 10 heart surgeons in the world. The doctor has given several suggestions to keep the heart healthy. The surgeon from India is the founder of the country’s Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences.
On the occasion of World Health Day Dr. Devi Shetty has provided several suggestions for patients with heart disease. They are highlighted –
- Increase the amount of acid in the food. On the other hand, eat less sugar and fat foods.
- Do not sit for long periods of time. You have to walk for half an hour at least 7 days a week.
- You need to quit smoking.
- The drug should be avoided.
- Weight should be kept under control.
- Blood pressure and sugar should be controlled.
- Eating non-vegetarian foods (such as fish) is not beneficial for the heart.
- Everyone should have regular health checkups.
- There is no reason to think that everything in life will be perfect. So the attitude towards life has to change.
- Walking is better than jogging. Jogging makes people tired and hurts in the joint.
- Irregular eating habits should be avoided.
- The best foods for heart are fruits and vegetables and the worst oily foods. Oily foods have to be discarded.
- Through regular blood tests, you must be sure of normal levels of sugar and cholesterol. Also, blood pressure measurement is important.
- In case of a heart attack, the patient must first lie down. Then an aspirin tablet should be placed under the tongue. If available, a surbitrate tablet should be kept in addition to aspirin. After that, arrangements have to be made to get to the hospital quickly. Remember, the first hour of a heart attack is the most damaging.
We must follow the tips on keeping the heart healthy by Dr Devi Shetty. Then maybe we can keep our heart healthy and live a normal disease-free life.