That has never happened before in 92 years of history. South Korea conquered America. Joker bandit with. 92nd Academy Awards witness Parasite’s historic wins. For the first time in almost a century of Oscar history, this is the first foreign film to win the Oscar’s Best Film Award.
Not only did South Korea’s Parasite win the Best Film Award, it also won the Best International Film Award. Parasite Director Bong Joon-ho won the best director and best screenwriter award. Parasite has won the most hyped film this year, winning four important awards from six category nominations.
Also Read : Parasite – Criticism of Satire Society
In the 92nd year of Oscar history, a total of ten international films were nominated for the best film. However, Roma won three Oscars for best film. Parasite finally broke the tab of that subtitle in a foreign film. This is why Director Bong Joon-ho can get a thank you. He won behind legendary directors like Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino and Sam Mendes. This win is not flattering.
This year, Oscar Fizziness has been named a Parasite by Foreign Film. Winning the Golden Globes this year, Bong Joon-ho said, “The movie can be enjoyed from the moment we start watching movies from two inches above the subtitle.” For that reason, they said it was an English film. Therefore, it cannot be excluded in the Foreign Category. Meanwhile English but official language of Nigeria. What kind of trial? For all such considerations, Oscar will never be free from scandal.
Joaquin Phoenix, who revived the Joker character, won the Oscar for Best Actor. This year he shook the silver screen with Joker. Of course, the performance of Adam Driver in the Marriage Story movie was also great. This is the best of the best, so this time the members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have chosen this phoenix bird. Interesting thing is, someone got an Oscar for the second time playing the same character.
Earlier, Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro had received the Oscar for starring Don Vito Corleone. Heath Ledger then won the Oscar for his role as Joker. Joaquin Phoenix won the Joker this time. For the second time in the history of 92 years of Oscar-winning two Oscars were performed. This is also the second Oscar win for any comic book character.
Rene Zalweiger won the Oscar for Best Actress. The second Oscar in acting life. Co-starrer Oscar won handsome Brad Pitt. This is the first Oscar win of his life. He made it to the much-awaited honor by playing great in the movie Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood. Laura Dern, who won the Oscar for the side-actress, won the first Oscar of her life by performing extravagantly in the Marriage Story movie.
Also Read : Top 10 Korean Movies You Must See
Toy Story-4 has received the honor of Oscar’s best animated film. Roger Dawkins won the Oscar for his 1917 film Cinematography. Oscar won the Hildur Guðnadóttir composing the best background score. This is the first woman to win an Oscar in this category since the comedy and the musical masses since 2000.
At a glance, the 92nd Oscar winners-
- Best Film: Parasite
- Best Director: Bong Joon-ho (Parasite)
- Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (Joker)
- Best Actress: Renée Zellweger (Judy)
- Best Side Actor: Brad Pitt (Once Upon A Time … In Hollywood)
- Best Side Actress: Laura Dern (Marriage Story)
- Best Animation Movies: Toy Story 4
- Best International Film: Parasite (South Korea)
- Best Adapted Screenplay: Bong Joon-ho and Han Jin-on (Parasite)
- Best Original Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit (Taika Waititi)
- Best filming: Roger Dawkins (1917)
- Best Visual Effects: Geom Rauchner, Greg Butler, Dominique Toohey (1917)
- Best Costume: Jacqueline Duran (Little Women)
- Best Makeup & Hairstyles: Kazu Hero, Ann Morgan, Vivian Baker (Bombshell)
- Best song: I’m Gonna Love Me Before By Elton John (Rocketman)
- Best Original Score: Hildur Guðnadóttir (Joker)
- Best Sound Editing: Donald Sylvester (Ford Versus Ferrari)
- Best Sound Mixing: Mark Taylor & Stuart Wilson (1917)
- Best Editing (Ford Versus Ferrari)
- Best Production Designs: Barbara Ling and Nancy Hay (Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood)
- Best Shortfilm: The Neighbors Window
- Best Documentary Feature Film: American Factory
- Best Documentary Short-film: Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone
- Best Animated Short-film: Hair Love
And talk about something relevant. Many question the Oscar criteria. Speaking of which, every year, some blender will make it happen. Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman, like this one, didn’t win one of the ten nominations. The question remains as to whether the Academy members are reluctant to watch Netflix’s production. There were also excellent films like The Lighthouse or Uncut James, neglected at this year’s Oscars.
Since we are accustomed to watching a Hollywood movie, we also see the prize distribution hype. Their opinion on the film can be evaluated a little tight. But the game is all about glamor. So they know how to take away the attraction. At present, the possibility of winning is made only by creating hype. But there was a time when Pacino or Caprio had to wait for the Oscars to win. Even though the hype is high, that tension is no longer there.
Feature Image: The Economist